Gossett Jones Gingerbread Home Building Contest
Last year we sent out gingerbread home building kits to several of our past clients and investors as a holiday gift. It was a fun way to share what we do every day with those that our work has had the biggest impact on. On each package, we left a little note that asked everyone to build the gingerbread home with their families and send us photos of their finished product. At first we thought nobody would have the time to build these during their busy holiday schedule, but the result was a big hit – especially with the kids.
This year we decided to step it up a notch and create a fun contest that would also give back to the community. We want to give everyone the experience of the work that we put into building each and every home – from the design, to the materials, to the quality of construction. Every participant will also feel what it’s like to build and deliver a home to a deserving client, because that is the whole point of this contest.
Gossett Jones Homes is helping to raise awareness and will donate $1,000 in the winner’s name to Mobile Loaves & Fishes Community First! Village, a 27-acre master-planned community providing affordable, sustainable, housing and a supportive community for the disabled, chronically homeless in Central Texas. Later this year, we will also be helping construct a home in the community, and urge all of our fellow Austinites to get involved in any way possible.
Welcome to GJH’s 2nd Annual Gingerbread Home Competition.
Simply design, build, and post a photo of your gingerbread house via Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #GJHgingerbread.
- Photo must be submitted before December 28th.
- Homes must be made with a $20 max budget. The “Create-A-Treat Gingerbread House Kit” (available for $9.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond) is a good base, but other edible features may be added.
- Homes will be graded on several criteria by a panel of homebuilding & design experts, and the most points wins!
- The Winner will be announced via Facebook on December 28th.
Winner will be awarded $1,000 in their name to Mobile Loaves & Fishes – a Community in East Austin that serves the homeless.
10 Points Maximum Each- 40 Total
- Aesthetics & Design Inspiration
- Energy Efficient Features (i.e. solar power, low-maintenance landscaping, etc.)
- Cost effectiveness (cost of materials used)
GUIDELINES – HAVE FUN!
Happy Holidays and Merry Building,
The GJH Team